CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 08, 2006

Interesting moods revisited

I'm in that placewhere i miss people from home- i miss homecooked meals.. hanging out in my bathroom, in my car, in other people's rooms or wherever... and especially the late night park nights which i didn't get very many of this summer. at all.

i wanted to go out and look at the start the other nigt. there were too many clouds. The Berkeley sky is oarngish at night.. it's kinda cool.. and kinda messed up at the same time. recently i've had the urge to go to red rocks pre-dawn and watch the sun rise.

but things here are going really well. Ballroom is fun- although the whole switching partners thing- I met some interesting people- ineterseting in that i don't really ever want to dance with them again. good thing I've got Brandon as a partner already. I feel dumb in classes... ut I hate feeling like the smartest person in the clas stoo.. so I guess it's good.. i'm really inarticulate... i hope it gets better. I used the word 'good' a lot. okaaay... so.... yeah.

It makes me sad that people aren't having as swell (trying to avoid good) of a time as I'm having. as the beatles say "we can work it out- but there's no tiiiiiime for fussing and fighting my friends" but i wish i coudl be there for you- and be that person that's concrete and solid- not jsut words on a computer screen or a voice over the phone. but someone to hold onto. and I can't be. Maybe i need to turn the empathy down a little- but still. i can't help it.

The weekend is here.

I'm listening to Apollo Sunshine- and I remember why i liked them so much a couple of years ago. kinda machine go boom ish but less crazy.

"The birthday wish you missed me blow out came true when i fell asleep next to you"

I have that half smile on my face. but it's nap time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Science Bowl started up today, and although it was good to practice again, it's just not the same without you, Scacco, Ian, Josh, Nick, Foote, and Shrikar.

Rabah said...

If there's anything I've learned, it's that words and a voice can sometimes be the most concrete things when nothing else is.

And right now they are.