CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 23, 2005

wow

That's the only word I have right now. I saw "The Syringa Tree" its a one woman show- playing 26 characters. I went in thinking it's be a good story- maybe a good waste of my time. You don't think that one woman, in the same simple pink dress for all parts, with a swing, and maybe a little bit of lighting change would be able to entertain for an hour and a half. It was moving.
Kristine (My roommate) and I are in shock right now. It's amazing, script wise and acting-wise. How a simple script can do that to the heart. It's amazing- this is why I don't lose faith in the arts because it seems like the most tangible thing most of the time. The writer (Pamela Gein) is also the actress, but she was sick, or there was an accident or something, so it was another woman (Gin Hammond), but I have to wonder how much better it would be if it was that close to her heart. and there isn't much room for improvement.

I love how at anytime of day I can hear music from the streets (right now its pan pipes) becuase my windows open into Harvard Square.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's some creative ish right der.
-hg