CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 02, 2005

douchebags and losers

really kids, when I look at blogs these days they're either too generic and "philosophical" the people who managed to be interesting and personal at the same time have mostly quit writing on blogs saying.. its not personal enough, and the last group (of which I place this page) is full of nothing-crap that people don't Really want to hear, but its posted anyway for boredom's sake.
I think people have forgotten what makes good writing good. and what makes great writing great. How does it work? well.. usually great writing, whether in a screenplay , novel, comic book, blog, ectetera, makes me stop, and go back and relive it however many times before it become eminent that I have to move on and destroy the moment in time. If it makes you think for more than five minutes... if it causes epiphanies, or self actualization- all the better it is.
Stupid thing with blogs is.. the more personal the entries are... the harder they are to post, wheras in a short story or a novel you can rename your problems and push it onto a figment of your imagination that jumped high enoughto be picked. The most Pseronal... are never published.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, check this one out. I'm gonna keep writing in my philospohical style becasue I want to. I mean, I like getting comments and knowing people read it, but that's not the goal. So take that blog readers! I'm just gonna write anyway!

Jessica said...

leaving names is good.

Special K said...

:mad coughing fit Story:

Jessica said...

Joe: I can't tell yet because you only have fourish posts.
Kaile: I have to find an actual story plot or two and write a couple of papers and read a few books before I can think about story.

Anonymous said...

hi kid. keep on writing. I hope you are having a good time in boston - but don't go too crazy ;-) Call or email ur big sis once in a while eh?? Can't wait to see you!!
-franner

Special K said...

I'm not saying write it. I'm saying "you can rename your problems and push it onto a figment of your imagination that jumped high enoughto be picked. The most Pseronal... are never published. " is story.

Teesa said...

My Jessi-la, I know exactly what you mean. It's just so hard to post personal stuff..out where anyone can read it. Hm, I don't know.

And if you had made me cookies, I would have gained like 30 pounds because they are too delicious.

I miss you! Let's grab Lauren and hang out =]

nick said...

In my opinion, the point of a blog, in many cases, is not to cater to the public's desires. That's what businesses are for. A blog is just a place for people to, well, log something, whether it be thoughts, experiences, events, pictures, movies, links, or whatever. Readership just happens to be a nice side effect. Catering to an audience is what makes Maddox suck.

I'm happy with just posting rants and thoughts in my blog. If they're "too generic and `philisophical'" for you, then don't read it, because if I actually cared about my readership, my blog would actually be listed in google. If all "blogs these days" (which I assume only covers personal blogs; as your criticisms aren't valid for, say, tech, political/news, and philosophy blogs) are too distasteful for you, maybe blogs aren't for you. Try a user-submitted news site, for instance, or a good message board (if you can find one).