CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Needs Me Some

I find it very disconcerting that I can't write on a deadline... rather I probably can, but I can't write good fiction on a deadline. it really rather sucks for my nerves.. because I know I have to write it now for me to make it good by thursday, but I waste time waiting for inspiration. I hate the half assed stories.
It makes me really sad to hear people say that they don't read anymore. As a person who wants to write... where will i get my audience if it doesn't come down to TV or Movies? I dont' even know if i'd enjoy writing screen plays. There's something about my stories that seems all the same to me. I guess its because I'm the writer and I put out part of my soul, but am I that one dimensional?

This is all rhetorical, depressive, and whiny.

So, let go,let go
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown

1 comments:

Special K said...

:clears throat: I misses me some jessi? Eh sounds bad coming from me. None the less I'll stop being a smart ass.

Never write half assed. Unless it's Story. Even then the most half assed writing is good.

Look back to what we wrote in middle school. It's a lot different than what we write now. Everything will have similiarities as it is part of our soul that we slice open and let drip into our words. But the differences come from where in life we are. You can't compare what you've written over the last few years for major differences because you're still at relatively the same place in life. The trials of adolesence and our thoughts that go along with will be reoccuring themes in what we write simply due to the nature of fiction. 10 years from now there will be huge differences, and when we're old and decrepid and you've become a bitter hag living alone in the mountains our writing will embody even more different themes.

Screen plays aren't writing. They're the low-fat vesrion. They're the meager dialouge littered with cliches and dry reoccurance, sliced away from vivid description and voice.

You're looking at a huge spectrum through a tiny peak hole and trying to come to conclusions through that. You can't.

I say these things a lot. I'm assuming you've come to expect them by now.