CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

week one ish?

I was reading through some of my old stuff.. and though I'm pretty sure i've posted this before... i thought it was fitting:

Beginnings are creatures of change. We don't always welcome Beginnings, but they are born in front of closed eyes. By the time we accept them, the Beginnings have moved on, on cat like feet to leave us to their offspring; we feel the same, yet uncomfortably different. Beginnings are dashing, because of the uncertainty that they arrive with, arm in arm; whereas, Middles are boorish and Endings are wretchedly nostalgic. Only when we are able to let go of the past and leave it as the past, instead of the now, new Beginnings can be acknowledged.

recently i've been whiny and complainy about how I don't feel like anything's changing... but hey.. maybe the me of two years ago was right.

I learned how to chacha, salsa, and east coast swing yesterday- it's nice having a dance partner who knows what he's doing.. it was pretty sweet.. and I now have a group of ultimate frisbee-ers which is awesome. Funny how i really dont' know anyone on my floor and instead i hang out with people who live waaaaaaay on the other side of campus. This is how it always works for me.. i find good guy friends first... and i have to look hard for good girlfriends. I can live with my roommate... though she's nothing compared with Kristine- and she tries too hard to be cutsey and is pretty high maintenance... but she's alright.

I miss having people around that already understand me and with whom I already have a relationship established. it makes things a lot easier.

I need to start waking up earlier... and actually not waste time. maybe that means going to sleep earlier

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I miss having people around that already understand me and with whom I already have a relationship established. it makes things a lot easier."

God, do I know the feeling.