CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 14, 2006

"She said, 'I like long walks and sci fi movies'"

I made my first bottle of Kimchi today. That was pretty cool. My mommy taught me. I think if I were just a little less academically inclined, i would go to culinary school and become an amazing chef... yeah doggy. If you like the smell of hamburgers or steak on the grill.. well.. it's nothing compared to the smell of some good korean barbeque on the grill.. seriously. I've scoped out the korean food on campus.. so a little homesickness will take me to those restaurants.

Otherwise, I need to decide what's going and what's staying... should I take Floppy (my loved and dirty stuffed animal)? should I take the big or the small box of crayons (Ian says big) ? what shoudl I decorate my room with? that is a lot harder when you're not allowed to drill holes in the walls...I realise 2 of the 3 questions I just asked make me seem childish and as joe would say in line that whole neverneverland peter pan thing- which I find no problem with embracing my childhood.

My shoulder really hurts.. I hope it's nothing serious and the pain (and thus problem) goes away within a couple of days.

I should have gotten a bigger harddrive for my laptop... I didn't realise how much music I had.

This weekend was pretty awesome. I went to a day-long picnic with my church... and played a bit of volleyball... football... got hit in the hip with a ball as I daydreamed...then I went to a fashion show at the Fabric Lab.. it was straight up on the sidewalk on colfax.. pretty awesome.. the clothes were cool, the atmosphere was better. then on sunday.. I went to church and then Winnie's, Foote's then Kathleen's it was pretty awesome.. I went sailing for the first time.

No one writes on their blogs anymore... it kinda makes me sad.

2 comments:

Rabah said...

me, too. i don't know what to say anymore.

nick said...

People don't write on their blogs anymore because it's fucking lame. Or maybe not. I'm not altogether sure whether "lame" is even coherent in this post-high-school-drama narrative we call college. Although, whether such a meta-narrative holds (namely the lack of high-school-esque drama) (meta-narrative is such a fun word) (this parenthetical meta-meta-narrative is dragging on a bit (oh shit, lions and tigers and meta-meta-meta-narratives, oh my)) (I lost my place in the sentence) will remain to be seen. Here's hoping, though.

I suppose I didn't do a very good job responding to your original post, though.

This is in response to your most recent post (why I'm responding to the older of the two, idk): no one here nose-goes' here, either.