CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 28, 2006

middle english

you know that old cliche of the guy reading a girl poetry and she falls in love with this so called sensitive guy because it's impossible to find a guy who reads keats or whoever?

well...if any guy is willing to read me chaucer in lilted middle english.. i might just fall into that cliche and swoon... my (female) teacher was reading the first 16 lines of the canterbury tales to us today... and well... it was splat.

I miss colorado skies. if you're still there. look up at sunset (and sunrise if you're up early enough) and just absorb the reds, pinks, oranges, fuzzy greens and blues that roll together. you don't get that everywhere... and it's breathtaking.

my friend Charlie is coming up from Nipomo before he goes off to le Hahvard- i'm excited.. yet another person i haven't seen in over a year- speaking of which.. i saw yan today at crossroads (the dc) he grew facial hair... yan is a friend of a friend from harvard... so i guess i'm seeing more harvard people that i thought i would. but I really want to meet up with krisitne again. from that group

you know how people get an image of you? i don't know if my image here is the same as my image at home.

people here don't nosegoes.

I was walking down the street, and a bum who was walking by said "smile, it's a beautiful day" and you can't say no to that.

1 comments:

Rabah said...

we taught some south africans nosegoes. it was pretty funny. they thought ali and i were psycho when we were like, NOSEGOES!! i think we were trying to figure out what to do with our lazy wake-up-at-4-pm-every-day selves.

that's one cool bum. made me smile. :)