CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Iso

There's something special about seeing people by themselves. They're not trying to impress anyone, and it seems like they're taking a lot more time to think about things. What things? anything, life, God, crayons.

Last sunday I peeked into the sanctuary before the College Ministry and Peter was there playing his guitar, singing his heart out. Just sitting on the edge of the platform and jamming with God. Today at Chipotle, as I was leaving, one of the workers had a burrito bol filled with mango slices.. I don't know where she got the mango, but she was enjoying them. It was pretty sweet.

I like wasting time with myself. I don't get to do it very much, because I often regard it as time not well spent. I could be seeing people I don't get to see much outside of school, or I could be doing that thing... you know.. that one thing that needs to be done by soemtime soon, but not tomorrow?

Over break I was going to see Kong by myself, my dad insisted on coming along even though he didn't want to see it. I don't like knowing the person next to me isn't enjoying the movie. I think that's one of the reasons I like to be alone- I always worry whether whoever's with me is enjoying themselves...

I think I'd like to go back into cherry creek state park- I haven't been there since we went for Bio Sophomore year.

This weekend:
Brokeback mountain,
possible church lock in,
boarding?
cutting yangs hair?
Mercury cafe?

1 comments:

Young said...

I think we can get a better sense of who a person actually is when they are by themselves. Although we deny it, I think we put on a different "mask" when we're with friends--we have an image we need to project.

But maybe I'm just generalizing.

I like wasting time. Although it was made to be used--and to be made worthwhile, I really can't help but wonder if time was also made to be wasted. Heck, we do it all the time...

My SATs are coming up...wish me luck!