CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 09, 2005

It's the church that's getting rotten, but it's Christ that you've forgotten...

I was talking to kaile today about Christians.
I hate how sometimes, we're so... singleminded, that we can't see around our faith to watch the rest of the world that doesn't have that. I hate that a lot of us sneer in disgust at- lets say gay people, because we think we're better than them- when we're not. We're all of the same mold. No one's perfect and I hate that christians can't seem to grasp that. they, themselves aren't any better than anyone else. We are bettered because J.C. died for us, out of grace. not because we deserved it. And we don't appreciate that. It's more about 'us' than Christ most of the time. I'm disgusted with myself for it. I'm disgusted with the majority of christians for it.
While the Bible says to evangelise, it says to Glorify God. I think the latter should be the priority. I'm sick of hypocritical christians that don't have the mind to filter come of what is told to them instead of simply taking it in like vacuums, the right and the wrong alike. I'm also sick of people who aren't into christianity bashing on my religion and being acceptant of other religions that they dont' necessarily belong to. why should you be hating on Christiany because it's mainstream?

Disclaimer: this wasn't meant to offend anyone in particular... although it is good to be offended occasionally if you are.

1 comments:

Simone said...

As a Catholic you are born a sinner. I totally disagree with this. As a child you have not done anything - you are ignorant, and you know nothing of the world. In fact, you are much like Adam because he was ignorant to the evils of the world. Adam was not a sinner because God would not have created a sinner. So Adam's first sin was eating the forbidden fruit. This means that until a child disobeys God he has not sinned.
Now, I agree that in nature, children are very greedy and only think about themselves. This is instinct. Does this mean that the sin that Adam committed left a mark on human kind and now all children want what they can not have? Was instinct created from Adam and Eve's actions?
Christianity now is not like it was back in the day. It has undergone many many changes, and many other religions have arisen and there are many things to believe. I am a catholic myself but I don't believe. I suppose that makes me non-religious. I am very interested in religion, or so it seems.
I feel like when organised religions discovered the power they had over their congregations they began to abuse it, and now we are just going through the motions but we don't really mean any of what we're saying or doing. That is why I don't believe.
There are too many things that are proving us wrong. There are too many discoveries that make the Bible a work of fiction. Not necessarily fiction entirely, but aggrandized reality. I don't like the idea of blindly worshipping, or holding someone in the highest respects if it isn't true. I know that there is hardly any way of knowing without going back in time, and I do believe that there is a God...but I don't think that Christianity really ever was about "Christ." It was always about the people.
Humans in general are greedy, as I've said before, and we mainly only think about ourselves. We don't know why we are here and we hardly know who we are ourselves so we turn to religion as a crutch, as a way out, as a reassurance that we're alive and worthy of being so. Being a true Catholic would mean being selfless and perfect...saintly. Spreading the word of God. I don't think that that is living. I think that humans and not God are responsible for all the rules that are made up in Church. I feel as though humans established moral guidelines. Such as with gay people. They are not doing anything wrong. They love each other. Love is a gift that God created for us, and if he grants it to us, it is not a sin. Just because two lovers are of the same gender does not mean that they are wrong. It is merely society and narrowminded people trying to blame their insecurities and narrowmindedness on God. Trying to make their opinions "correct" by saying that GOD is the one who said it, not them.
I don't know exactly what I'm saying here, I don't have a thesis, and I'm not trying to prove anything.. I just really am interested in this. Post back if you would.
-Simone