CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Acceleration

I feel like time is rolling down this gargantuan hill and is picking up speed... and as we grow older we will soon be living our lives in fast forward. Is it too much to ask to live at a nice.. perhaps.. andante? instead of the allegro it's in now?
I set out on a Mission last November. Through Nanowrimo, I would figure things out, get myself straight so I could look at my world in a better way. I realise. I still want to write.. as I have for the past.. 11 years. I realise how disillusioned you can become from one sentence that comes tumbling out of two of your friend's mouths. I didn't appreciate it.
Yes I should be anchored to reality. but can I not live my life with some slack in my tether?

I never liked change much. Especially change that dulls the swirling colors in my world.

3 comments:

My Friend said...

Slow down J-park, live at the speed of Corona light.

Anonymous said...

Samaurai sushi, I need a concert too, get used to change, and hi.
-Dane

Simone said...

Time does go too fast. Just try to live more in the sped up life that you're experiencing and then you might be able to look back and think - damn that went fast, but at least I did all that stuff.

Because lately, all I feel like is that time is going fast, and I'm not doing ANYTHING.