CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Vomit you out

I am avoiding my Ballroom email box tonight... i hope i haven't left whatever off for too long. and i must finish calling my sponsors.
I think things are always harder in my head than it seems. yesterday i had a sequel dream, i can't remember much of the first. only that yesterday I was being chased along with others in some sort of zeppelin that looked like a flying blow up raft that runs with a motor and gasoline for apparently ~25 teddy bears of varying size(perhaps the teddy bears weren't in fact important, and were instead hiding, i don't know, cocaine or something.) The scariest part i think of my dream was that underneath the house we were escaping from, was about twenty flights of downward stairs, at the bottom of which, there was an escalator... where another family lived and here were these teddy bears in this lost basement of sorts it was all very secretive and hollywood like. I apparently also had to pack lighter than I had, and I was forced to leave mountain of clothing and things behind in the scary lady's house. Perhaps my dream is telling me to leave personal baggage behind (or figure out what is leave-behindable) and to instead go save the ...teddy bears... from impending doom and misuse. I don't know where this stuff comes from.
When I was at my sister's church today, the pastor was talking about mediocrity. Particularly Christian mediocrity. the key passage being "So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:16). Apparently there are two rivers in Laodicea, one cold and one from the hot springs which meet and merge in order to create a new river of no value, where as the two previous had purpose. Even if my purpose is to save the teddy bears, I should do it knowing that that is my purpose and that is the best I can do at this moment. God gave me gifts and talents right? i should be using them?
My immediate future for both this semester, and this summer are at this moment very nebulous. I don't know what will happen to me. I'm unsure about everything from whether what I'm doing currently is right, to whether or not I can get a job this summer, to even the smallest things of extra curriculars and friends and how much time i should be spending on these things.
I worry too much. And there is so much to do that I shouldn't be leaving for tomorrow, but that will have to do. I think there's a to-do list coming. Oh yes. first of 2008 (it's going to be great according to my dentist)

To-Do:
1. Look up and apply to at least 10 scholarships (preferrably more)
2. Fix Resume
3. Look up and apply to at least 8 internships for the summer, both paid and unpaid
4. Look at notes from meeting last thursday, and finish that stuff
5. Write Dash article
6. go to CO ski and Golf and look at travel bags for snowboards.
7. finish contacting sponsors

There are two things I want to try to do everyday this week starting tomorrow:
- floss once daily
- read my bible.

onwards and forwards. I'm going back in a week.

0 comments: