CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

BART of conciousness

I had one of those moments today in my modern lit class. Eric (Professor Falci, in this case to not confuse him with friend-Eric) mentioned something in brief at the end of class while discussing Joyce: how the pronoun "I" is both completely specific and completely generic at the same time. Have you thought about that? I never had before, I hate it and love it when something someone else says makes complete sense and I couldn't quite get there myself. its like there's a sense of relief that I finally got there, but disappointment in that I only got there by being nudged.. or maybe even shoved there.

I feel like when I focus on Spanish, my English comprehension skills go to crap and when I focus on English lit, I can't seem to articulate myself in Spanish. then again... I don't articulate in English either- I just use hand motions and noises most of the time. I should work on that- in both cases. stop rambling. get to the point. and use words correctly (unless of course I want to make one up.. probably shouldn't do that either).

To food then history. I've freed up my Mondays (thank god). now hopefully i won't spend the rest of my week catching up to what i couldn't do at the beginning. No more 10-midnight Mondays. woohooooo

Both Rubal and I need to clean up our crap. our apartment is gross.

1 comments:

hg said...

yo. so peter song's visiting next week. we should hit up some palace bbq together. mmm....
i was at berkeley today. i totally should have called you but i don't know where your number went. :P