CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Words Words Words

I've decided the internet is a waste of my time that I can't get rid of. Instead of checking blogs and email five million times a day, i'm going to read a chapter of a book everytime I want to procrastinate the homework a little.

Life's been pretty good. It's handed me a lot of stuff on silver platters. I'm not allowed to be angsty and teenagery. I have all that I could want. I was looking around in tok today (it was virtually everyone in IB) and I realised I know a lot of people. some obviously have influenced me more than others, but I wonder how many of them I've influenced? What qualities do I have that make me different? I'm smart.. so are they.. I'm wierd.. so are they...I'm often moody... so are they... My passions are those of other kids. What makes us so different? I dont' know. Maybe this just tells us that the big things don't matter; the small things do.

My parents don't really like being social- they think its a chore... I don't understand that. Other than writing, its the only thing keeping me sane.

This is a list of books I either want to read or i need to finish. Tell me if there's something i should read.

1. SLaughterhouse FIve
2. Fight CLub
3. Caramelo
4. The Brothers Karmozov
5. Bluebeard
6. Running with Scissors
7. through the looking glass
8. Candide
9. The Jungle
10. Frankenstein
11. Bright Lights Big City
12. raise high the roofbeams, Carpenters and Seymour an introduction
13. Anna Karenina
14. Phantom Tollbooth

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Slaughter House 5 is a must my love. Also The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman (the Dark Materials series in general). And Poisonwood Bible.

By the way AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME!?! I AM POSTING ON AN ONLINE JOURNAL?

I love you darling and miss you. Chapel Hill could use some mwaaaaaaaaah lovin'.

Muah
-Kristine

Anonymous said...

move #2 up to #1. Also add Catch 22, like Taifur said. And add Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk (same guy as Fight Club). Also add Hitchikers Guide to the Galazy (at least read the first one, and if you like it, read all 5) by Douglas Adams. Right now I am reading Counting Up, Counting Down, by Harry Turtledove... its pretty good so far, but I have only gotten 20 pages in or so.

Misha said...

have you read Cat's Cradle? (also by Vonnegut)... in my opinion, a "must-read."

Anonymous said...

HI!
BYE!
COME TO STANFORD!
-HG

Triv said...

I dunno, we are all so dfferent underneath...and you have influnced me to be acceptive of my weirdness.

Special K said...

'The Virgin Suicides' and 'White Oleander'. Unbeatable.